Best Betting Tips ⚽ Preston 0-1 Peterborough Predictions | Championship
Preston – Peterborough Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, August 21.
Kick-off: 15:00 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 4
EVENT: Preston – Peterborough
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.41@1xbet | Result: 0:1 LOST
Preston – Peterborough Preview
- Despite restricting Huddersfield Town to zero shots on target on Tuesday night, Preston North End still departed pointless as an own-goal meant they lost 1-0, making it three defeats from their opening three league clashes. They also lost their first three league games in 2016/17 but still went on to secure a comfortable mid-table finish.
- It’s probably too early for relegation fears to kick in, yet Preston shouldn’t take league newbies Peterborough United lightly given that they won only one of their three home clashes against newly promoted sides last season (D1, L1). Another failure to secure all three points here would make it just three wins in 14 home league matches (D4, L6), therefore there’s already some pressure building on new manager Frankie McAvoy to turn their form around.
- After netting two injury-time goals to turn defeat into victory versus Derby County last weekend, Peterborough got a taste of their own medicine in midweek when surrendering a 2-0 lead to draw 2-2 with Cardiff City. Both goals came late, meaning 70% of their competitive goals conceded this season have now arrived after the 60th-minute.
- The last time ‘The Posh’ appeared in the Championship (2012/13), they lost their first three away games, including twice without scoring. Strikingly, this is something they also did vs Luton Town on the opening day this year and in five of their eight away defeats in League One last season.
- Players to watch: Jamaican international Daniel Johnson scored Preston’s last Championship goal from the penalty spot, and has missed just one of 18 spot-kicks for the club. Peterborough have been reliant on both Harrison Burrows and Siriki Dembélé so far as they’ve netted all four of the team’s league goals this season.
- Hot stat: Peterborough boss Darren Ferguson has lost three of four managerial H2H encounters against his former club Preston (W1).