Best Betting Tips ⚽ Portugal 3-1 Turkey Predictions | WORLD CUP – QUALIFICATION
Portugal – Turkey Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, Match 24, 2022.
Kick-off: 20:45 (GMT+1)
WORLD CUP – QUALIFICATION – PROMOTION – SEMI-FINALS
EVENT: Portugal – Turkey
TIPS: Home Win | Odds: 1.38@1xbet | Result: 3:1 WIN!!!
Portugal – Turkey PREVIEW
- Two nations hold their breath as the Estádio do Dragão provides the stage for this World Cup Qualifier (WCQ) semi-final between Portugal and Turkey. It could have been a completely different story for Portugal though, who were devastated on the final day of their WCQ group campaign as they were consigned to the play-offs by a last-gasp goal in a direct showdown for top-spot with Serbia.
- This is Portugal’s third WCQ play-off tie, and they have a wonderful record so far after winning all four previous WCQ play-off legs they’ve played. Another win certainly will be expected as Portugal have won an impressive six of their eight meetings with Turkey (L2). They scored an average of two goals and conceded an average of one across those eight H2Hs, though none actually ended 2-1!
- While Turkey missed out on automatic qualification by just two points, they may not feel as hard done by as Portugal after their four-game unbeaten run to end qualifying (W3, D1). Unlike their hosts, Stefan Kuntz’s men don’t have pedigree in the play-offs as this is their first-ever appearance in a WCQ play-off, but having not made a World Cup appearance since 2002, it’s unlikely Turkey will underestimate this opportunity.
- Excluding neutral venues, Turkey’s away form since the start of 2021 (W4, L1) suggests they are in fine form, yet all four victories came against sides ranked worse than Portugal by FIFA, while the only defeat came against a top-10 ranked nation, suggesting this will be a mammoth task for the visiting side.
- Players to watch: Cristiano Ronaldo grabbed an assist in the last H2H between these teams back in 2012. Ten years later, the Portuguese star starts this match as the all-time leading scorer in men’s international football (115 goals). One of Turkey’s brightest prospects, Orkun Kökcü, is enjoying his finest scoring season at club level, hitting club-side Feyenoord’s opener in five of his six scoring appearances this season.
- Hot stat: Portugal have won five of their last six matches held at this venue, scoring 3+ goals on five occasions.