Best Betting Tips ⚽ Paraguay 2-1 Venezuela Predictions | World Cup – Qualification
Paraguay – Venezuela Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, September 9.
Kick-off: 23:30 (GMT+1)
World Cup – Qualification – Round 10
EVENT: Paraguay – Venezuela
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.40@1xbet | Result: 2:1 WIN!!!
Paraguay – Venezuela Preview
- Paraguay had that familiar feeling on Saturday after they drew 1-1 with Colombia, handing them their fifth tied match across eight CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) fixtures so far (W1, L2). Although an underwhelming record, they’re just two points from an inter-confederation play-off position, so a first appearance at a World Cup finals since 2010 remains a realistic ambition.
- A win here is therefore a must against a side ranked seven places worse than themselves in FIFA’s rankings if they are to realise their aim. Yet history is against Eduardo Berizzo’s side, as the hosts have won only one of their previous nine (D3, L5) WCQ home fixtures and are without a clean sheet in such a game since way back in October 2015 (0-0 vs Argentina)!
- Venezuela have won as many matches as their opponents during this campaign, yet fewer draws and more defeats has plunged them to the bottom of the group (W1, D1, L6). Wins from this point on may be enough to change their qualification fortunes, but overall form is against them and you have to go back to November 2020 to find the last time they tasted victory.
- An obvious problem across that period is a lack of goals and they’ve not scored at all in five of their last eight matches. This, combined with the fact Venezuela have conceded at least once before HT in the same number of games, sheds further light on why they’re massive underdogs coming into this clash.
- Players to watch: Paraguay’s Ángel Romero assisted the game opener last time out, and impressively only Neymar and Marcelo Moreno have scored more CONMEBOL qualifying goals so far (four). He’ll be up against Venezuela’s tricky customer Rómulo Otero, who has drawn the fourth-highest number of fouls (21) across this edition of qualifying.
- Hot stat: The hosting side have not won any of the previous six H2H meetings, whilst the last three finished 1-0 to the visitors on the day.