Best Betting Tips ⚽ Olympiacos Piraeus 0-3 Atalanta Predictions | EUROPA LEAGUE
Olympiacos Piraeus – Atalanta Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, February 24, 2022.
Kick-off: 18:45 (GMT+1)
EUROPA LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – 1/16-FINALS
EVENT: Olympiacos Piraeus – Atalanta
TIPS: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.36@1xbet | Result: 0:3 WON!!!
Olympiacos Piraeus – Atalanta PREVIEW
- A 2-1 defeat in the first leg of this UEFA Europa League (UEL) knockout playoff round means that Olympiacos now have an uphill battle to reach the Round of 16. While a 1-0 win in the Super League over the weekend may boost confidence, history is firmly against the Greeks, who last progressed from a two-legged affair with Italian opponents back in 1972/73.
- Whilst there is no away goals rule in place this time, Olympiacos’ 2019/20 UEL run saw them recover from a lost first leg to progress against a much-fancied Arsenal side in their first hurdle after the group stage during that campaign. That may provide some inspiration, although the fact remains that Olympiacos have been eliminated from 14 of their last 15 two-legged European ties when losing the first leg.
- Atalanta make the journey to Athens having lost just once in the UEL proper (W5, D3, L1), but they are yet to make it to the last 16. All signs point to the Bergamo side breaking that hoodoo, though a six-game winless run in domestic competition (D3, L3) prior to this trip raises questions of their ability to see this tie through.
- Thanks to their first-leg win it shouldn’t take divine intervention for the ‘Goddess’ to progress, but fans will be wary of the fact that Atalanta have won none of their last four European away games (D2, L2), despite scoring eight goals across those trips. Further reason to doubt Atalanta stems from them winning just one of their six previous springtime European away games (D1, L4).
- Players to watch: Tiquinho Soares bagged first for Olympiacos in the reverse, for his seventh team opening goal across his last ten strikes. A two-minute brace from corners in the first leg for Atalanta’s Berat Djimsiti could prove to be crucial in this tie. Incredibly, that was the defender’s first ever double in a match!
- Hot stat: Four of Olympiacos’ last five UEL home wins have seen them net beyond the 80th minute.