Best Betting Tips ⚽ Nimes 2-2 Reims Predictions | Ligue 1
Nimes – Reims Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, May 2.
Kick-off: 14:00 (GMT+1)
FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 35
EVENT: Nimes – Reims
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38@1xbet | Result: 2:2 WIN!!!
Nimes – Reims Preview
- Winless in their last four Ligue 1 (L1) matches, Nîmes’ three-year stay in France’s top-flight is looking increasingly likely to come to an end as relegation looms. Leaky at the back and lacking upfront, the hosts have conceded 62 goals (1.82 on average per match) this season – the division’s joint-worst defensive record – whilst managing to only find the net 33 times (0.97 on average) at the other end.
- Failing to score in six home matches this campaign (35.29%), the toothless ‘Crocodiles’ own the second-worst record on home soil (W3, D4, L10). More positively, despite a woeful run of eight home league losses earlier in the season, Nîmes have lost only one of their last six L1 home games since (W2, D3), albeit they scored just one first-half goal during that six-game period!
- After finishing in sixth spot and qualifying for the Europa League last season, Reims are stuttering to a mid-table finish this time around. A major reason for that has been an inability to close out matches as David Guion’s men have dropped a league-high 23 points after opening the scoring.
- On the road, it’s better news for supporters of the ‘Red and Whites’ as their side are now unbeaten in four L1 away games (W2, D2) – their longest such run since December 2018 – after drawing at HT each time. Reims, who like to frustrate their opposition, have also featured in more top-flight draws home and away (14) than all but one side across Europe’s top-five divisions ahead of this weekend.
- Players to watch: Nîmes’ captain Renaud Ripart has nine goals this season – seven coming in the second half, and five from the penalty spot. Visitors Reims have lost just one of ten L1 matches (W5, D4, L1) when topscorer Boulaye Dia has found the net.
- Hot stat: Dating back to 1977/78, Nîmes have kept a clean sheet in eight straight L1 games versus Reims – that’s their longest-ever such run against an opponent in the top-flight.