Best Betting Tips ⚽ Newcastle 2-1 Leicester Predictions | PREMIER LEAGUE
Newcastle – Leicester Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, April 17, 2022.
Kick-off: 14:15 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 33
EVENT: Newcastle – Leicester
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.31@1xbet | Result: 2:1 WIN!!!
Newcastle – Leicester PREVIEW
- Although not yet mathematically safe, Newcastle United’s ten-point gap to the relegation zone ahead of this round means that they’re almost certain to be playing Premier League (PL) football again next season. That, plus their new-found financial strength, means it’s set to be a busy summer for the ‘Toon’, especially as current key players could well be playing for their futures, therefore it was important they came together to end a three-game losing run last time out vs Wolves (1-0).
- A first top-half finish since 2017/18 is now more than achievable for Newcastle, and they’ll be confident they can take a step closer to that goal here based on their recent home form. Eddie Howe’s side are undefeated in six PL home games (W4, D2) and are now on the verge of winning five in a row at St James’ Park for the first time since March 2019!
- Leicester City travel to the North East after booking a place in the semi-finals of the Europa Conference League in midweek. Winning that competition might be their best chance of securing European football again next season, after their unremarkable domestic campaign has left them ninth and 11 points adrift of a European spot ahead of this round. They’ve lost only one of their last six PL matches though (W4, D1), meaning a strong end to the season might very well be on the cards.
- Improving their form on the road will be key to achieving that feat given that Brendan Rodgers’ side have won just one of their last nine PL trips (D3, L5). All five of those defeats during that period saw them concede 2+ goals, though there’s potential to buck that trend here as they’ve not conceded more than a single goal in any of their last four visits to St James’ Park, and have secured victory in each of their last five matches there in this competition.
- Players to watch: Chris Wood scored the decisive goal last time out for Newcastle, and he’ll now be looking to net a sixth career goal against his former side. Opponent James Maddison has four goal contributions (G2, A2) across his last five Leicester appearances – he also netted in his last appearance at St James’ Park.
- Hot stat: Newcastle have lost six of their last seven PL games played on a Sunday (W1).