Best Betting Tips ⚽ Morocco 1-0 Ghana Predictions | Africa Cup of Nations
Morocco – Ghana Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, January 10, 2022.
Kick-off: 17:00 (GMT+1)
AFRICA: Africa Cup of Nations – Round 1
EVENT: Morocco – Ghana
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.60@1xbet | Result: 1:0 LOST
Morocco – Ghana Preview
- The African Cup of Nations (AFCON) Group C kicks off with a clash between the sides considered likeliest to progress. The second-highest ranked African side by FIFA, one-time winners Morocco are amongst the genuine contenders for glory, after a run of no competitive defeats within 90 minutes since a 1-0 loss to Portugal at the 2018 FIFA World Cup (W25, D9 since).
- That success has been built on the Atlas Lions’ formidable backline, with Morocco keeping 17 clean sheets from 21 matches since the beginning of 2021 (an 81% shutout rate). On that note, H2H history tends to favour strong defences, with both teams finding the net in just two of Morocco’s 11 all-time clashes against Ghana (W4, D3, L3).
- Aiming for redemption after a round of 16 exit in the most recent AFCON, four-time winners Ghana have been amongst the final four teams in six of the last seven editions. Though respected by all CAF-zone opponents, Ghana lament a recent history of false starts, after failing to win their opening group game in three of the last four AFCON tournaments.
- The ‘Black Stars’ were in high spirits with four unbeaten qualifiers ahead of this tournament, until a 3-0 humbling by AFCON champions Algeria in their warm-up friendly. A repeat of that scoreline here seems unlikely though, with each of Ghana’s last six competitive games on foreign soil producing under 2.5 total goals (W2, D2, L2).
- Players to watch: Sevilla star Youssef En-Nesyri is set to play a featuring role for Morocco at this tournament, and may be a strong contender to net first, as four of his last five strikes at club level have been match openers. Plying his trade at Ajax, Ghana’s Mohammed Kudus already has four goal contributions from just four AFCON qualifiers (G2, A2).
- Hot stat: Six of Ghana’s last seven games have produced exactly one first-half goal.