Best Betting Tips ⚽ Mexico 0-0 USA Predictions | WORLD CUP – QUALIFICATION
Mexico – USA Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, Match 25, 2022.
Kick-off: 03:00 (GMT+1)
NORTH & CENTRAL AMERICA: WORLD CUP – QUALIFICATION – THIRD STAGE – ROUND 12
EVENT: Mexico – USA
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.48@1xbet | Result: 0:0 LOST
Mexico – USA PREVIEW
- The two top-ranked CONCACAF nations, Mexico (FIFA Ranking: #12) and USA (#13), meet for this crunch clash as World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) enters the closing stages. Both sides currently occupy a qualification berth, though a win for either will be a huge step towards qualification. This is actually the 74th meeting between these sides, but it is Mexico who lead the rivalry to date (W36, D15, L22) despite suffering three consecutive H2H losses.
- Anything other than qualification would be catastrophic for Mexico, who are seeking their eighth consecutive World Cup finals appearance. It may be wise to take the recent H2H form with a grain of salt though, as Gerardo Martino’s men have never lost a competitive H2H at Estadio Azteca (W7, D3), but don’t expect fireworks from the off as four of Mexico’s five WCQ home games were level at half-time.
- USA manager Gregg Berhalter bemoaned the injury of Barcelona full-back Sergiño Dest, though he still has six available players from Europe’s top-five leagues to bolster his side. That could be seen as getting the excuses in early though, as the only side USA have beaten away from home in this WCQ cycle is rock-bottom, winless Honduras.
- The biggest roadblock to the USA’s first World Cup finals since 2014 is their away form as they’ve picked up just 24% of their points on their travels so far (W1, D2, L2), and are yet to lead at half-time on the road (HT: D3, L2). Those slow starts have also hindered enjoyment for the neutral, as four of USA’s five WCQ away trips produced two or fewer goals.
- Players to watch: Mexico’s Raúl Jiménez is often quick off the mark for club side Wolves, with seven of his last eight club goals being the match opener. Fellow Premier League star Christian Pulisic has contributed to 16 goals in 20 WCQ appearances for the USA (G9, A7), including a 74th-minute opener in the reverse fixture.
- Hot stat: Seven of the ten meetings between managers Martino and Berhalter were settled by a 2+ goal margin (Martino: W6, L4).