Best Betting Tips ⚽ Manchester Utd – Real Sociedad Predictions | Europa League
Manchester Utd – Real Sociedad Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, February 25.
Kick-off: 21:00 (GMT+1)
EUROPE: Europa League – Play Offs – 1/16-finals
EVENT: Manchester Utd – Real Sociedad
TIPS: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.51@1xbet | Result: Pending
Manchester Utd – Real Sociedad Predictions
- Four-nil first-leg victors, Manchester United must surely progress, as the ‘Red Devils’ have never lost a European tie after winning a first leg held away from home. Additionally, Sociedad are also the only Spanish side United have beaten at home in UEFA competition since overcoming Barcelona in 2007/08 (D4, L4).
- Furthermore, no side has ever overturned a four-goal deficit in a UEFA Europa League (UEL) proper tie, meaning that United’s recent history of high scoring competitive fixtures – if reproduced here – should favour them. There’s been an average of 4.33 goals in Man United’s last six matches, though they haven’t netted before the 15th minute in any of their last 12.
- Real Sociedad have scored or conceded exactly four goals in three of their last four competitive fixtures (W3, L1) with none of those strikes coming before the 25th minute. However, the task facing them is enormous, as they must score 4+ goals in one European game for the first time since October 2017, having never scored against United in three previous H2Hs (D1, L2).
- Both of Sociedad’s previous visits to England have resulted in defeats ‘to nil’. Interestingly though, they’ve scored in each of their last nine competitive away fixtures (W3, D2, L4) while no team has earned a higher average of corners per UEL game this season across all venues (8.71).
- Players to watch: Marcus Rashford is United’s leading scorer in Europe this term, and the ‘Red Devils’ have a 100% record from his goalscoring UEL games settled in normal time, with all of his UEL goals therein coming in the second half. Meanwhile, Sociedad’s Alexander Isak has netted nine goals in six league fixtures, with the Basque side going unbeaten across his last five goalscoring outings (W3, D2).
- Hot stat: Man Utd haven’t drawn a home European match in 12 such assignments (W8, L4).
|Head-to-head matches: MANCHESTER UTD – REAL SOCIEDAD|
|18.02.21||EL||Real Sociedad||Manchester Utd||0 : 4|
|05.11.13||CL||Real Sociedad||Manchester Utd||0 : 0|
|23.10.13||CL||Manchester Utd||Real Sociedad||1 : 0|