Best Betting Tips ⚽ Maccabi Tel Aviv 1-0 Qarabag Predictions | Europa League
Maccabi Tel Aviv – Qarabag Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, October 22.
Kick-off: 20:00 (GMT+1)
Europa League – Group Stage – Round 1
EVENT: Maccabi Tel Aviv – Qarabag
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.45@1xbet | Result: 1:0 LOST
Maccabi Tel Aviv – Qarabag Predictions
- Maccabi Tel Aviv may be Israel’s most successful team (23 titles), but that hasn’t translated well on the European stage. They’ve only progressed once from four previous UEFA Europa League (UEL) group stage campaigns, and in their most recent appearance, they failed to score in five of their six matches. It may be more of the same here considering they’ve won just one of their last five competitive matches (W1, D1, L3), and have never won their opening group stage home game (D3, L1).
- They do, however, enter this match as favourites despite winning just three of 13 home fixtures played in the UEL proper (D5, L5). Notably, two of those wins saw Maccabi score over 1.5 goals before HT, something they also managed in their only previous European home game against a side from Azerbaijan (W1).
- Qarabağ have won the Azerbaijan title for seven seasons in a row, but like their hosts, success in Europe hasn’t been forthcoming. All five previous UEL group stage campaigns – all managed by coach Gurban Gurbanov – saw the Azerbaijani champions fail to progress, and they’ve lost eight of their last 12 UEL group stage fixtures, five by a 2+ goal margin.
- It doesn’t look much better on the road, with Qarabağ losing two-thirds of the UEL group stage games they’ve played on foreign soil (W4, D1, L10). However, more recently they’re unbeaten in their last eight competitive away games (W6, D2), five of which saw a goalless first half. Unsurprisingly then, Qarabağ’s last six away goals came after HT.
- Players to watch: Dan Biton scored the opener in Maccabi’s previous two European home games. Meanwhile, Filip Ozobić has scored the final match goal in three of Qarabağ’s last four competitive away fixtures.
- Hot stat: Seven of Maccabi’s last eight UEL victories came by a one-goal margin, five were goalless at HT.