Best Betting Tips ⚽ Luton 3-0 Peterborough Predictions | Championship
Luton – Peterborough Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, August 7.
Kick-off: 15:00 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 1
EVENT: Luton – Peterborough
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.32@1xbet | Result: 3:0 WIN!!!
Luton – Peterborough Preview
- Finishing 12th in the Championship last term was Luton Town’s best placing since 2005/06, and after achieving their highest points total in the second tier since 1981/82, they’ve a solid base to build on. They could build on that base early, as since their return to the Football League in 2014/15, Luton have lost just one of their opening league fixtures (W4, D2, L1), scoring an average of 2.43 goals per match across those games.
- However with over two-thirds (69.57%) of Luton’s fixtures here producing under 2.5 goals last term, entertainment might be in short supply. Nevertheless, with the Bedfordshire club being unbeaten in four home H2Hs (W2, D2 – 90 mins), the ‘Hatters’ should be confident, particularly as they avoided defeat in 88.89% of the home league matches that they started as favourites last campaign.
- Promoted as League One runners-up, Peterborough United are back in the Championship for the first time since 2012/13, with Darren Ferguson now enjoying his third spell in charge. Albeit against third-tier opposition, they ended last season on a four-match unbeaten run (W2, D2), and they look like they mean business after securing several players over summer including Joel Randall – the sixth player in the club’s history to cost one million pounds or more.
- The ‘Posh’ won four of their final five away league games in 2020/21 (W4, L1), while they never lost after scoring first in such fixtures (W9, D3). Early defensive solidarity was a key theme on Peterborough’s travels during that campaign, as no team conceded fewer first-half goals on the road than them in League One (six).
- Players to watch: Luton recently signed Cameron Jerome as a replacement for James Collins – Jerome has scored three goals in his previous five league appearances. Meanwhile, Jonson Clarke-Harris was Peterborough’s top scorer last term, and four of his final six league strikes arrived in or after the 75th minute.
- Hot stat: Peterborough haven’t drawn a league opener since 2001/02 (W11, L8 following).