Best Betting Tips ⚽ Villarreal – Juventus Predictions | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Villarreal – Juventus Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, February 22, 2022.
Kick-off: 21:00 (GMT+1)
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS
EVENT: Villarreal – Juventus
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.40@1xbet | Result: 1:1 WIN!!!
Villarreal – Juventus PREVIEW
- Villarreal approach their first UEFA Champions League (UCL) knockout tie since 2008/09 with confidence, after winning half of their group stage fixtures (W3, D1, L2). Yet, with both defeats coming against another side (Manchester United) that boast a better UEFA coefficient than themselves, they will be wary of expecting too much against two-time European champions Juventus.
- A 0-0 draw against La Liga leaders Real Madrid in Villarreal’s last home game may provide something of a psychological boost for last season’s Europa League winners, with that draw making it six home games without sinking for the ‘Yellow Submarine’ (W4, D2). Similarly, three of their four UCL home wins since last beating Italian opposition at the Estadio de la Cerámica (1-0 vs Inter back in April 2006) have been accompanied by a clean sheet.
- Juventus find themselves in the UCL knockouts for an eighth straight season, and will aim to make the final for the third time within that period. Like a true Italian side, they were mostly well-composed at the back during the group stage (W5, L1), registering four clean sheets and winning the possession stakes in both away victories.
- Their Serie A away form since mid-November also reads well (W4, D3), with three 2-0 wins – each seeing both halves won – within that streak. They’ve also recorded three victories across their last five trips to Spain, though there is also a warning for the ‘Bianconeri’, as the Italian giants have lost their last three Round of 16 away legs.
- Players to watch: High on confidence after a weekend hat-trick against Granada, Arnaut Danjuma netted in both halves during Villarreal’s Group F matchday six win over Atalanta, while Weston McKennie scored Juventus’ only open-play goal during their last away clash against Spanish opposition (W 3-0 v Barcelona, December 2020).
- Hot streak: Juventus have a 100% record from the last 13 UCL matches to see them net first.