Best Betting Tips ⚽ Lille 1-2 Chelsea Predictions | Champions League
Lille – Chelsea Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, Match 16, 2022.
Kick-off: 21:00 (GMT+1)
Champions League – Play Offs – 1/8-finals
EVENT: Lille – Chelsea
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.31@1xbet | Result: 1:2 WIN!!!
Lille – Chelsea Preview
- Not since 2018/19 has any side erased a two-goal first-leg deficit to win a UEFA Champions League (UCL) knockout tie, a feat French side Lille will have to achieve against defending champions Chelsea to reach the quarter finals of this tournament for the first time in the club’s history. After being dumped out of Ligue 1’s top-six courtesy of a 0-0 draw against St-Étienne over the weekend, this could be their last chance at continental success for at least another season.
- The positive from that game for manager Jocelyn Gourvennec, who described his team afterwards as “uninspired”, was a fifth consecutive domestic clean sheet (W3, D2). When adding that haul to another three earned at home in the UCL group stage (W1, D2), Lille’s defensive unit should give them every opportunity to avenge four consecutive UEFA losses to English clubs (Everton and Chelsea).
- Reigning champions Chelsea have kept to the task at hand after being thrown into turmoil by off-field dramas, stringing together a four-game winning streak across all competitions despite being kept relatively quiet by Newcastle at home on Sunday (W 1-0). Considering that only Liverpool and Manchester City have now kept Chelsea goalless since the turn of the year (W13, D2, L2), their two-goal first-leg advantage appears almost unassailable.
- To add further to the mounting difficulty of Lille’s task, Chelsea have won all three H2Hs since they first met in the group stage of the 2019/20 UCL, scoring two goals on all three occasions – including the clash in northern France. Another repeat of that feat here would see Chelsea feature in consecutive UCL quarter finals for the first time since 2012/13 and 2013/14.
- Players to watch: Jonathan David remains the only player to have scored in any UEFA game hosted by Lille this season (G3 in UCL overall), whilst Chelsea star Kai Havertz has been on the scoresheet in each of his last three Premier League starts.
- Hot stat: Lille have failed to score in any of their last four meetings against sides managed by Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel (three 2-0 losses, one 0-0 draw).
Related Unibet Predictions and Tips:
Unibet Predictions:: Fulham - West Ham Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Brighton - Burnley Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Sestao - Celta Vigo Predictions and Tips | COPA DEL REY
Unibet Predictions:: St. Gallen - Yverdon Predictions and Tips | SUPER LEAGUE