Best Betting Tips ⚽ Lazio 3-3 Empoli Predictions | Serie A
Lazio – Empoli Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, January 6, 2022.
Kick-off: 14:30 (GMT+1)
ITALY: Serie A – Round 20
EVENT: Lazio – Empoli
TIPS: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.53@1xbet | Result: 3:3 WIN!!!
Lazio – Empoli Preview
- Successive 3-1 wins to end 2021 kept pre-match favourites Lazio within touching distance of the top six in Serie A (SA). If they are to finish there for a fifth time in six seasons, starting 2022 strongly is a must and who better to face than an Empoli side they’ve beaten in six straight H2Hs, including a 3-1 success in the reverse fixture. That’s also a good omen as they attempt to make it three straight SA wins by a margin of two or more goals for the first time since January 2018.
- A 5-2 trouncing of newly-promoted Spal sparked that treble of comfortable victories, and also stands as one of three wins Lazio have recorded across their previous five year-opening SA matches (D1, L1). However, opponents Empoli are not just another obliging newcomer, and a win for the 2020/21 Serie B kings would move them within a point of Lazio.
- Impressively, Empoli were unbeaten in six matches (W4, D2) prior to them ending 2021 with a spirited 4-2 loss against heavyweights Milan. In a testament to the team’s character, both draws within that run saw Empoli rescue a point after trailing at the hour mark.
- Meanwhile, the visitors’ last SA win – a shock 1-0 success at Napoli – contributed emphatically towards their current 50% win-rate as away league underdogs so far. That said, Empoli’s goalless return from their last five away H2Hs (D1, L4), in a run dating back to September 2007, suggests another fairytale road trip is unlikely.
- Key battle: Defender Francesco Acerbi has shown an eye for goal recently, scoring the decider via his head or upper body in both of Lazio’s last two wins. Here, he will also keep one eye on Patrick Cutrone, who netted Empoli’s shock winner at Napoli last month – including that strike, two of his last four headed goals have come in precisely the 70th minute!
- Hot stat: Lazio have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last four SA openers to a calendar year.