Best Betting Tips ⚽ Georgia 0-2 Greece Predictions | World Cup – Qualification
Georgia – Greece Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, October 9.
Kick-off: 17:00 (GMT+1)
World Cup – Qualification
EVENT: Georgia – Greece
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.57@1xbet | Result: 0:2 WIN!!!
Georgia – Greece Preview
- Bottom of Group B, it has been a tough start to life as Georgia manager for Willy Sagnol, who has tasted victory just once so far since his appointment in February (W1, D1, L6) and never competitively. Having never made a major championship finals, Georgia are on an awful 22-game winless run in World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) matches (D8, L14) dating back to September 2012, which probably means Sagnol is realistic about the task ahead.
- In fact, the Georgians have run out winners in just one of their last 37 WCQ matches (D13, L23), but there is some encouragement in this game, as Sagnol’s only competitive point earned as coach so far did come in the reverse fixture against Greece (1-1). That’s more likely to have been some sort of anomaly though, and the likely outcome is another fruitless battle for the Crusaders, and an end to any qualification dreams until the next cycle.
- One-time major tournament winners (Euro 2004) Greece sit third in a tough Group B, three points behind Sweden in second. Actually the only unbeaten side in the group (W1, D3) after a win over Sweden last time out and an earlier draw in Spain, Greece will see this game as a ‘must win’ if they are to have any chance of making Qatar 2022.
- Since tasting defeat in his opening game as Greece boss, manager John van ‘t Schip has only lost to better-ranked nations (W10, D8, L3). That, combined with a commanding H2H record over opponents Georgia (W6, D2), despite keeping just two clean sheets, means Greece are likely to justify favouritsim here against a side ranked 50 places behind them by FIFA.
- Players to watch: Khvicha Kvaratskhelia’s goal in the reverse earned Georgia their sole point in this WCQ campaign, while Greece’s Vangelis Pavlidis has scored three and assisted as many goals in ten games for club & country since the start of September.
- Hot stat: Georgia have been kept scoreless in five of their last seven WCQ matches.