Best Betting Tips ⚽ Gabon 2-2 Morocco Predictions | Africa Cup of Nations
Gabon – Morocco Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, January 18, 2022.
Kick-off: 20:00 (GMT+1)
AFRICA: Africa Cup of Nations – Round 3
EVENT: Gabon – Morocco
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.66@1xbet | Result: 2:2 WIN!!!
Gabon – Morocco Preview
- Gabon need one more point to guarantee their place in the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) quarter-finals after their 1-1 draw with Ghana, prior to which they learned three players – including captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – were unavailable due to Covid-induced heart problems. Missing that trio again might further limit their attacking prowess as they’ve scored exactly once in five of their last six matches (W2, D2, L2).
- With their last ten AFCON matches producing under 2.5 goals (W3, D4, L3), the ‘Panthers’ haven’t been particularly entertaining but they’ll be solely focused on getting a result – if they lose and Ghana beat Comoros by 2+ goals, they’d have to hope to qualify as one of the best third-placed teams. They’ve only previously won one final AFCON group stage game before (D2, L2), but it did at least come against North African opponents in Tunisia, back in 2012.
- That might not concern Morocco too much, who’ve guaranteed their knockout place with two deserved victories ‘to nil’. Although they’ve lost just one of their last 31 internationals (W26, D4), the last team to defeat them without needing extra-time/penalties was Gabon back in October 2019, so this has the potential to be a tricky way to finish the group stage.
- However, they’re unbeaten in three competitive meetings (W1, D2) and will want to extend that record to take momentum into the round of 16, particularly as the ‘Atlas Lions’ have suffered just one loss on foreign soil since June 2018 (W12, D2).
- Players to watch: Jim Allevinah’s late equaliser for Gabon against Ghana was his third goal in five matches for his country, two of them equalisers to make the score 1-1. Meanwhile, Sofiane Boufal scored Morocco’s opening goal of the tournament, and he’s now scored three match-opening goals in seven games for club and country.
- Hot stat: There’s been scoring between the 80th minute and the end of regulation time in four of Morocco’s last six internationals.