Best Betting Tips ⚽ FC Koln 0-4 Bayern Munich Predictions | Bundesliga
FC Koln – Bayern Munich Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, January 15, 2022.
Kick-off: 15:30 (GMT+1)
GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 19
EVENT: FC Koln – Bayern Munich
TIPS: Away Win | Odds: 1.36@1xbet | Result: 0:4 WIN!!!
FC Koln – Bayern Munich Preview
- A stunning 3-1 victory over Hertha Berlin last time out pushed Cologne to within two points of the Champions League places ahead of this matchday as the ‘Billy Goats’ continue to overachieve in the league. That was their seventh Bundesliga win this season (D7, L4), only one less than last campaign when they ended up victorious in the relegation playoff, and as such, Cologne have more points at this stage of a top-flight season now than any other since the turn of the century – barring 2016/17.
- Suffering just one league loss at the RheinEnergieStadion this season (W5, D3), Steffen Baumgart’s side will be targeting the scalp of Bavarian giants Bayern Munich on this occasion. Another three-point haul here would make it four straight Bundesliga wins for the first time since January 2020 for Cologne, although keeping just one league clean sheet all season remains a huge concern.
- Despite sitting six points clear at the top of the standings, Bayern have already lost three times this campaign after their last league outing resulted in a 2-1 defeat at home to Gladbach. Various injuries and Covid-19 related absences could be used as an excuse, but regardless, the reigning champions will now be looking to avoid opening the second half of a Bundesliga campaign with back-to-back losses for the first time since 1995/96!
- Bayern are hot favourites here for a reason though, and haven’t lost a H2H since February 2011 (W14, D1). Their current strike rate of 3.17 goals on average per Bundesliga outing this season means this game is likely to see goals, especially as the last six league games between the sides have averaged 4.5 goals.
- Players to watch: Nine of Anthony Modeste’s 12 goals for Cologne this Bundesliga campaign have been headers, including one in the reverse H2H defeat. Bayern’s Serge Gnabry netted a brace in that same match which took his tally to 11 strikes in eight previous H2Hs, his most goals against any opposition.
- Hot stat: Bayern’s Bundesliga matches this campaign have averaged just 8.56 total corners – the competition’s lowest tally.