Best Betting Tips ⚽ England 0-0 Italy Predictions | UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE
England – Italy Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, June 11, 2022.
Kick-off: 19:45 (GMT+1)
UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE A – ROUND 3
EVENT: England – Italy
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.39@1xbet | Result: 0:0 LOST
England – Italy PREVIEW
- England will be looking to exact revenge on Italy for their Euro 2020 final defeat when the two countries come face-to-face in the UEFA Nations League (UNL). It is less than twelve months since Gareth Southgate’s side suffered a heart-breaking penalty shoot-out defeat to the Azzurri at Wembley, whom they have only beaten twice in 15 meetings since 1977 (D4, L9).
- The Three Lions have had an indifferent start to the UNL, losing 1-0 in Hungary before a late Harry Kane penalty earned a 1-1 draw away to Germany on Tuesday. They will therefore be pleased to return to England where they have won 14 of their last 17 matches, but Molineux is the host venue for the first time since 1956, with this game being played behind closed doors due to crowd trouble at the Euro 2020 final.
- Italy, who are one spot lower than England in sixth place in the FIFA rankings, are enduring a tricky period themselves after failing to qualify for the Qatar 2022 World Cup, and winning just two of their last seven internationals. The European champions have, however, picked up four points from their opening two fixtures in UNL Group A3, beating Hungary 2-1 and drawing 1-1 with Germany to top the standings.
- Roberto Mancini’s side have a decent history in the competition, finishing third in 2020/21 after losing to Spain in the semi-finals, that after coming eighth in the 2018/19 edition. This is a new era for the four-time world champions though after Giorgio Chiellini’s international retirement last week, meaning Alessandro Bastoni should lead the defence, while youngsters Wilfried Gnonto and Davide Frattesi are among those competing for a starting berth.
- Players to watch: Kane became only the second man to reach 50 England goals on Tuesday, and the Spurs striker has not been on the losing side in any of the last 15 internationals in which he has scored. Meanwhile four of Lorenzo Pellegrini’s Italy strikes have come in the UNL, including two in two against Hungary and Germany this month.
- Hot streak: Since Southgate took charge of England in 2016, they have only once previously gone three games without winning – from July to September 2018.