Best Betting Tips ⚽ Coventry 1-0 Stoke Predictions | Championship
Coventry – Stoke Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, January 25, 2022.
Kick-off: 20:45 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 23
EVENT: Coventry – Stoke
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.37@1xbet | Result: 1:0 LOST
Coventry – Stoke Preview
- Coventry City started the season losing only two of their opening nine league matches (W6, D1), resulting in fans dreaming of a surprise promotion push. Yet now the ‘Sky Blues’ head into this rearranged clash sitting in mid-table after a run of just one win in eight league encounters (D4, L3). You’d also have to go back to November for the last time they secured a league clean sheet.
- Forfeiting the lead has been a big cause of Coventry’s recent issues, as their opponents on the day have scored first in five of their last six league encounters. It’s something manager Mark Robins will be eager to see his side improve, although he’ll at least take some pride knowing that his team have managed to notch up the Championship’s joint-highest number of victories after conceding first (W4, D3, L7).
- Opponents Stoke City come into the clash a point ahead of Coventry, albeit having played a game more. In similar form to their hosts, they’ve won just one of their last five Championship clashes (D1, L3), although they should be confident of getting back on track based on their recent impressive performances on the road. The ‘Potters’ have won four of their last five league away matches (L1), keeping a clean sheet in all four victories.
- The visitors will be hoping their solid away form can trump an unremarkable recent H2H record – they’ve failed to win any of the last three H2H clashes (D1, L2). They didn’t score before half-time in any of those H2Hs, which is a worry considering they’ve lost eight of the 14 league games in which they’ve failed to score in the opening 45 minutes this season (W4, D2).
- Players to watch: With key striker Matt Godden having recently had his appendix removed, all Coventry eyes will be on Viktor Gyökeres. He’s scored nine league goals this season, although the last came back in October. Meanwhile, Stoke’s Tom Ince has four goal contributions across his last five competitive appearances.
- Hot stat: Only one side has picked up more yellow cards than Stoke this season (60).