Best Betting Tips ⚽ Clermont 0-0 Reims Predictions | Ligue 1
Clermont – Reims Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, January 9, 2022.
Kick-off: 15:00 (GMT+1)
FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 20
EVENT: Clermont – Reims
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.50@1xbet | Result: 0:0 LOST
Clermont – Reims Preview
- After picking up eight points across their first four 2021/22 Ligue 1 matchdays (W2, D2) following promotion to the French top flight for the first time, Clermont Foot have since claimed just nine from their following 14 matches (W2, D3, L9) and are being dragged into the relegation dogfight. To make matters worse, they’ll be without topscorer Mohamed Bayo (G9) for this vital clash with Reims as he makes his way to AFCON to represent Guinea.
- That’s a major concern as the pacey forward has netted 45% of Clermont’s Ligue 1 goals this campaign, yet despite that, the home side remain one of the competition’s lowest scoring outfits averaging just 1.11 goals per match. A defensive approach might be favourable in this clash then, especially as all four of Clermont’s top-flight victories this season have been accompanied by a clean sheet!
- Visiting Reims closed out 2021 by losing just one of their last seven Ligue 1 matches (W3, D3), an impressive turnaround which has propelled Óscar García’s side several points clear of the relegation battle. Another victory here could possibly even push them into European qualification contention, a result that appears likely considering recent competitive H2H history (W4, D1, L1).
- One of those H2H wins came in the reverse fixture (1-0), although Reims haven’t done the double over any promoted side in Ligue 1 since 1977/78! They’ll also be without four AFCON-bound first-team players which will cause additional concern, especially as they’ve only won one of their previous seven Ligue 1 away outings (D3, L3), albeit impressively Reims did score first in each of the last five.
- Players to watch: With topscorer Bayo missing, Clermont could rely on Elbasan Rashani who has four league strikes this season – all were scored during the second half. Reims’ Ilan Kebbal has proven his side’s creative spark with four assists this season, three of which have come away from home.
- Hot stat: Reims’ last five competitive outings have witnessed five red cards!
Related Unibet Predictions and Tips:
Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Verona - Atalanta Predictions | SERIE A
Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Caernarfon - TNS Predictions | CYMRU PREMIER
Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Sarmiento Junin - Belgrano Predictions | COPA DE LA LIGA PROFESIONAL
Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Arsenal - Tottenham Predictions | PREMIER LEAGUE