Best Betting Tips ⚽ Chelsea 3-1 Southampton Predictions | Premier League
Chelsea – Southampton Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, October 2.
Kick-off: 15:00 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 7
EVENT: Chelsea – Southampton
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.42@1xbet | Result: 3:1 WIN!!!
Chelsea – Southampton Preview
- Chelsea’s 1-0 Premier League (PL) defeat to Manchester City was arguably the biggest setback they’ve had since Thomas Tuchel took over earlier this year. Still involved in a multi-team scrap at the top of the table, they’ll be desperate to bounce back and avoid dropping more points but that could be tricky as they’ve found Southampton tough opponents across the last five meetings (W1, D3, L1).
- Following their midweek 1-0 UEFA Champions League loss to Juventus, the ‘Blues’ are now trying to avoid three straight competitive defeats within 90 minutes in the same season – something they haven’t suffered since September/October 2002! A result either way wouldn’t surprise though as there’s been no PL draw here in six matches (W4, L2).
- Despite the H2H positives, Southampton fans won’t travel with much optimism as their side are still chasing their first league win of the season (D4, L2), and only Wolverhampton Wanderers and Norwich City had scored fewer than their four league goals prior to the round. Their worst six-game start since 2012/13 does not bode well, although they drew 2-2 here during that campaign.
- And given that they’ve drawn consecutive league away games with Newcastle United and Manchester City, the ‘Saints’ must believe there’s a chance they could produce a repeat performance. Anything better might be beyond them though, as they’ve won just one PL game in London since beating Chelsea 2-0 here in December 2019 (D3, L4).
- Players to watch: Mateo Kovačić (CHE) has four PL goal contributions this term (1G, 3A) and he’s never lost when featuring in this H2H (W2, D1). Although fellow midfielder James Ward-Prowse was the last player to score a league goal for Southampton, he’s never netted against Chelsea in 16 appearances.
- Hot stat: There’s been just one score draw in the PL at Stamford Bridge since these two played out a 3-3 thriller in October 2020.
Related Unibet Predictions and Tips:
Unibet Predictions:: Kaiserslautern - Nurnberg Predictions and Tips | DFB POKAL
Unibet Predictions:: Jong PSV - NAC Breda Predictions and Tips | EERSTE DIVISIE
Unibet Predictions:: Chelsea - Brighton Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Brentford - Luton Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE