Best Betting Tips ⚽ Chelsea 1-1 Leicester Predictions | PREMIER LEAGUE
Chelsea – Leicester Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, May 19, 2022.
Kick-off: 20:00 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 18
EVENT: Chelsea – Leicester
TIPS: Home Win | Odds: 1.40@1xbet | Result: 1:1 LOST
Chelsea – Leicester PREVIEW
- Thomas Tuchel will be working hard to lift his Chelsea side following a gut-wrenching FA Cup final defeat to Liverpool on Saturday, their second Wembley loss of the season to Jürgen Klopp’s team, both of them following a penalty shoot-out. The good news for the Chelsea boss is their League Cup final loss in February was the catalyst for a six-game winning run, and victory in this clash will secure third place in the Premier League (PL).
- The ‘Blues’ have not been in imperious form at home though, losing two of the last four (W1, D1) and winning just three of the last nine top flight matches there, a run that includes four draws. And while they have scored in 14 straight league games at Stamford Bridge, there are major defensive concerns as both teams have scored in nine of the last dozen.
- Whereas Chelsea are in need of a lift, the same cannot be said of Leicester City, who thumped relegated Watford 5-1 on Sunday to move back into the top half of the table. That, though, was a first away win in six for Brendan Rodgers’ side, whose four victories on their travels this PL season have all come against sides placed 11th or lower.
- Keeping a clean sheet on the road has been a real problem for the ‘Foxes’, who have conceded in 17 of their 18 league matches away from the King Power Stadium (W4, D5, L9). With their four road trips against teams in the top five seeing them concede 13 goals and fail to pick up a single point, avoiding their first pair of H2H losses in a season since 2016/17 looks a tall order.
- Players to watch: Scorer in the penalty shootout at the weekend, Jorginho’s last 19 goals for Chelsea have all come from the spot, including in this H2H fixture last season which was also their second last game of the league season! Meanwhile, Leicester’s Jamie Vardy has looked back to his best lately after netting four times in recent wins over Norwich and Watford, and will now look to add to his four H2H goals.
- Hot stat: Leicester are chasing a third PL win in a row for the first time since January 2021 – a run that culminated in a 2-0 win over Chelsea.