Best Betting Tips ⚽ Brest 2-0 Clermont Predictions | LIGUE 1
Brest – Clermont Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, May 1, 2022.
Kick-off: 14:00 (GMT+1)
FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 35
EVENT: Brest – Clermont
TIPS: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.34@1xbet | Result: 2:0 WIN!!!
Brest – Clermont PREVIEW
- Mid-table Brest are neither fighting for European qualification nor threatened by relegation but there’s no sign of their Ligue 1 season petering out after two hard-fought wins over Lyon (2-1) and Metz (1-0). They’re comfortably on track to improve on their best finish (14th) since promotion in 2018/19 and have done so despite a league-low eight of their players scoring for them in Ligue 1 this term!
- That over-reliance on the same few men to find the net has perhaps contributed to them winning just 25% of their home league matches this term entered as favourites (W2, D3, L3) while a similar record here against sides in the bottom half (W2, D2, L3) highlights why they haven’t been able to kick on towards a top-ten placing.
- Clermont are fighting in every sense to secure their Ligue 1 survival as their current three-match unbeaten run (W1, D2) is part of a longer sequence that’s seen their last five fixtures produce six red cards (three for, three against – includes non-playing squad members). Starting the round two points clear of the bottom three, they’re bidding to secure a second season in the top flight at the expense of former champions below them.
- If they are to prevent Bordeaux and St Étienne from overtaking them, then getting on the scoresheet for the fourth consecutive Ligue 1 away game will be a start, but they can also take encouragement from keeping three clean sheets in their last six such matches (W3, D1, L2).
- Players to watch: Brendan Chardonnet’s last two strikes for Brest were the game’s second goal, but he netted the opener in September’s reverse fixture. Elbasan Rashani equalised for Clermont on that day with one of his five goals this term (out of seven) that was netted after half-time.
- Hot stat: Just one of the last nine H2Hs produced more goals before half-time than after (Brest: W2, D4, L3).