Best Betting Tips ⚽ Lyon 1-1 Rangers Predictions | Europa League
Lyon – Rangers Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, December 9.
Kick-off: 18:45 (GMT+1)
Europa League – Group Stage – Round 6
EVENT: Lyon – Rangers
TIPS: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.63@1xbet | Result: 1:1 LOST
Lyon – Rangers Preview
- The top two positions in Group A have already been wrapped up, and this match between first-placed Lyon and second-placed Rangers is a chance to tinker with tactics before the knockouts begin in the new year. However for Lyon there’s added incentive to go for all three points, as if they win they will become the first-ever French team to win all six games in a UEFA Europa League (UEL) group stage.
- Although struggling domestically and sitting 12th in the French top flight, Group A has been easy going for the seven-time Ligue 1 champions, who have scored an average of three goals per game despite leading at half-time just once (HT: W1, D3, L1). That one match in which Lyon did lead at the break was in the reverse fixture (W 2-0), and has helped them score more goals (85) and claim more wins (26) in the UEL proper than any French side in the tournament’s history.
- With Steven Gerrard leaving for new pastures, new Rangers boss Giovanni van Bronckhorst has big boots to fill, but his reign started with a 2-0 win over Sparta Prague on matchday five – a win that secured the 55-time Scottish champions’ route to the knockouts. His side have gone on to win their three games following, and can boast a four-point lead at the top of the Scottish Premiership.
- His squad travel with a patchy UEL group stage away record though (W2, D5, L4), but the only Scottish side to have come to Lyon and walked away with all three points in Europe was none-other than Rangers back in 2007 (W 3-0).
- Players to watch: UEL group stage top scorer, Lyon’s Karl Toko Ekambi (six goals), has netted the opener twice, including in the reverse fixture. When including qualifying, Rangers’ Alfredo Morelos is now the UEL’s joint-fifth top scorer of all time (29) thanks to his brace on matchday five.
- Hot stat: Six of Rangers’ last ten games saw both teams score before half-time.
Related Unibet Predictions and Tips:
Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Juventus - Maccabi Haifa Predictions | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Eintracht Frankfurt - Tottenham Predictions | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Breidablik - Stjarnan Predictions | BESTA-DEILD KARLA
Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ AC Ajaccio - Clermont Predictions | LIGUE 1