Best Betting Tips ⚽ Barnsley 1-1 Reading Predictions | Championship
Barnsley – Reading Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, April 2.
Kick-off: 17:30 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 39
EVENT: Barnsley – Reading
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.47@1xbet | Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Barnsley – Reading Predictions
- Sitting in fifth place over the international break after just one defeat in 13 league outings (W9, D3, L1), Barnsley remain hopeful of ending a 23-year exile from the top flight. That hope appears vindicated, as prior to the break, only Norwich had bettered Barnsley’s record of going unbeaten in 90% of Championship matches entered as favourites this term (W14, D4, L2).
- That said, Barnsley lost as home favourites immediately before the international break, and will want to get back to winning ways at Oakwell after a mini-slump (D1, L1), having not gone three straight league games without a win here since October. However, the ‘Tykes’ have every reason to be confident, scoring an average of 1.26 goals per Championship game here.
- Reading, meanwhile, haven’t won in three league outings (D2, L1), making March a thoroughly underwhelming one for the ‘Royals’. The visitors have also netted under 1.5 goals in six of their last seven Championship away fixtures, but compensate with a 84.62% unbeaten rate in away league fixtures they started as outsiders this term.
- Although Reading boast their best 38-game return since 2016/17 – which culminated in a playoff final defeat on penalties – their promotion hopes hang in the balance. However, the Berkshire outfit have not lost a H2H since March 2014 (W4, D3) with their last two visits here both ending 1-1, with neither game witnessing any goals before the 55th minute.
- Players to watch: Daryl Dike has netted four goals across Barnsley’s last six league fixtures, the last three of which came after HT. Also a threat late on, Yakou Méïté has scored six of his nine league goals this term in the second half, as well as striking in each of his last two appearances against Barnsley.
- Hot stat: Each of Barnsley’s last 14 handicap-beating Championship home wins have seen them win at least the second half.
|Head-to-head matches: BARNSLEY – READING|
|19.09.20||CHA||Reading||Barnsley||2 : 0|
|29.02.20||CHA||Reading||Barnsley||2 : 0|
|11.12.19||CHA||Barnsley||Reading||1 : 1|
|30.12.17||CHA||Barnsley||Reading||1 : 1|
|28.11.17||CHA||Reading||Barnsley||3 : 0|
Related Unibet Predictions and Tips:
Unibet Predictions:: Partizani - Skenderbeu Predictions and Tips | SUPERLIGA
Unibet Predictions:: Fulham - West Ham Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Brighton - Burnley Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Sestao - Celta Vigo Predictions and Tips | COPA DEL REY