Best Betting Tips ⚽ Angers 3-2 Metz Predictions | Ligue 1
Angers – Metz Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, October 3.
Kick-off: 14:00 (GMT+1)
FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 9
EVENT: Angers – Metz
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.41@1xbet | Result: 3:2 WIN!!!
Angers – Metz Preview
- Though winless in four league matches, Angers occupy fifth spot coming into this round after recently holding Troyes to a 1-1 draw, and a strong defence has been integral to their decent start. ‘Les Scoïstes’ have limited the opposition to under 1.5 goals in all but one of their eight Ligue 1 games played, while a tally of just seven goals conceded is their best return at this stage since 2015/16.
- With just one loss across the previous six H2Hs in the league (W4, D1, L1), it’s no surprise that the hosts are favourites here, yet they’ve won none of the three league games they’ve started as such this campaign (D2, L1). Fans should expect a lively start though considering five goals were scored within 25 minutes in their opening four home Ligue 1 matches.
- Whilst still rooted in the bottom three, Metz ended their winless start to this campaign at Brest last time out (D3, L4), but they have not claimed back-to-back victories in the top-flight since February. There’s another bad omen ahead of this match too, as Metz coach Frédéric Antonetti has won none of his eight personal H2Hs with Angers (D4, L4).
- Their biggest and most obvious problem on the road is an inability to defend competently with just one clean sheet secured across their last 13 league away matches. They’ve also lost each of the two away league matches in which they conceded the opening goal this season, contributing to a rather miserable aggregate record when doing so (GF:0, GA:5).
- Players to watch: Sofiane Boufal has netted the game’s opener in each of Angers’ two home wins this campaign. Whilst in-form defender Fabien Centonze helped Metz to claim their first win of the season last time out with his third strike.
- Hot stat: Just one of the last ten Ligue 1 H2Hs have featured a goalless first half.