Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Liverpool – Aston Villa Predictions | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions: Liverpool – Aston Villa Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, May 20, 2023.
Kick-off: 15:00 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 37
EVENT: Liverpool – Aston Villa
TIPS: Home Win | Odds: 1.49@Unibet | Result: 1:1 LOST
Liverpool – Aston Villa Predictions and Preview
- From the unthinkable of potentially missing out on European football next season to the minimum guarantee of UEFA Europa League participation, Liverpool’s seven-game winning run in the Premier League (PL) has shone a light on what otherwise has been a pretty gloomy campaign for many. That perception will surely change should Jürgen Klopp’s men somehow snatch a top-four finish, although the German was the first to admit that “is not in our own hands” with Liverpool still trailing Manchester United and Newcastle for those coveted spots.
- Their latest triumph was an emphatic 3-0 win over relegation-threatened Leicester, which broke a five-game streak of winning by exactly one goal. The Reds are therefore in red-hot form ahead of their final home game of the season, where they’ve made a habit of bidding Anfield a fine farewell, having won their final home game for the last six PL seasons running.
- They’ll welcome a revived Aston Villa team who snapped a two-game losing streak without scoring a goal with a 2-1 win over a troubled Tottenham Hotspur. That put the Villains equal on points with their recently fallen foe prior to the weekend and on the doorstep of European qualification themselves, which would be a remarkable achievement considering their last top-seven PL finish came back in the 2009/10 campaign.
- Those hopes and dreams may be in a fragile state since Villa have won their final away game of a league campaign only five times since the 1981/82 season (D12, L23). Add to that the fact they’ve lost nine of their last ten league encounters against Liverpool (W1), and perhaps settling for the top-half finish they’ve already secured is a healthy enough outcome for the season.
- Players to watch: Liverpool’s home-grown Curtis Jones bagged his first PL brace against Leicester, which extended his record of never losing when scoring for the Reds (W7, D2). Many of Douglas Luiz’s goals have proved valuable for Villa too, with four of the last five coming after the 70th minute.
- Hot stat: Liverpool have won 14 of their last 15 PL games played in May (D1).