Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Lecce – Sassuolo Predictions | SERIE A
Unibet Predictions: Lecce – Sassuolo Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, October 6, 2023.
Kick-off: 19:45 (GMT+1)
ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 8
EVENT: Lecce – Sassuolo
TIPS: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.42@Unibet | Result: 1:1 WIN!!!
Lecce – Sassuolo Predictions and Preview
- Despite losing their last two Serie A (SA) outings to Juventus (1-0) and Napoli (4-0), it has proven overall to be a successful start to the new campaign for Lecce who started the round in seventh place and just a few points from the European places. That’s a far cry from last season when they failed to win any of their opening six games and ultimately survived the drop by just a few positions, with a terrible home record much to blame as they won just three times (D8, L8) on home soil – the second-fewest of any side.
- But this time around, Lecce have already won three of their four league fixtures at home (L1), a promising start if they are to turn Stadio Via del Mare into a fortress. That run could prove difficult to extend with the visit of Sassuolo, as Roberto D’Aversa’s side is enduring a six-match H2H winless period that dates back to 2010 (D3, L3), including a 1-0 loss in this corresponding matchup last season.
- A surprise defeat by that same 1-0 scoreline to Monza won’t have acted as great preparation for this upcoming SA fixture for Sassuolo, who were already struggling to produce consistent positive results throughout this campaign. It was precisely that problem that derailed their season in 2022/23, which ultimately ended in a disappointing 13th-placed finish for Alessio Dionisi’s outfit.
- Pre-season expectations were boosted following a plethora of first-team signings that signalled their intention to get back into European competition for the first time in several years. Improving their away league form remains of paramount significance if a top-six finish is the aim, although hopes of a second straight road success must be high after they surprisingly beat Inter Milan 2-1 in their last such trip to end a run of seven winless SA away matches (D1, L6).
- Players to watch: Lecce’s new signing Nikola Krstović hit the ground running with three goals in six SA appearances, the last two of which came within the first ten minutes. In similar form, Sassuolo’s Andrea Pinamonti has four SA goals to his name this season with three being recorded before the half-hour mark.
- Hot streak: Sassuolo’s last 41 SA games all saw at least one goal scored.
Related Unibet Predictions and Tips:
Unibet Predictions:: Partizani - Skenderbeu Predictions and Tips | SUPERLIGA
Unibet Predictions:: Fulham - West Ham Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Brighton - Burnley Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Sestao - Celta Vigo Predictions and Tips | COPA DEL REY