Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Celtic – RB Leipzig Predictions | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions: Celtic – RB Leipzig Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, October 11, 2022.
Kick-off: 20:00 (GMT+1)
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 4
EVENT: Celtic – RB Leipzig
TIPS: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.53@1xbet | Result: 0:2 LOST
Celtic – RB Leipzig Predictions and PREVIEW
- The clock is ticking on Celtic’s UEFA Champions League (UCL) campaign after defeat in Germany against RB Leipzig (3-1) last week consigned them to bottom spot in Group F at the halfway stage. Manager Ange Postecoglou stated that the best way to progress is by “being brave and bold”, something Celtic certainly were at the weekend (W 2-1), conceding a stoppage-time equaliser against St. Johnstone only to go straight up the other end and snatch a winner moments later to preserve their spot at the Scottish Premiership summit.
- Postecoglou will now hope to build upon that result in search of a repeat of the last time these sides shared a group back in the 2018/19 Europa League, as both sides won their home fixture with Celtic ultimately progressing at Leipzig’s expense! Leapfrogging the Red Bulls in this tournament may be much tougher though, especially considering Celtic have failed to win 21 of their last 23 matches in the UCL proper (D4, L17).
- Leipzig recorded a hard-fought 1-1 draw against Mainz over the weekend as their Bundesliga form continues to falter (W3, D3, L3), yet attention swiftly turns to UCL matters once again. Manager Marco Rose publicly blasted star striker Timo Werner for his “petulance” following his substitution during their 3-1 win in the reverse H2H last week, showing that he’s not afraid to stamp his authority after just six games in the hot seat (W3, D1, L2).
- Victory would all but ensure a bare minimum of a transfer to the UEFA Europa League knockouts for Leipzig, and with no draws across their last eight UCL proper away games (W2, L6), the points appear likely to go one way or the other. With a pair of defeats from their only prior visits to Glasgow, Leipzig must display the kind of tenacity that’s seen them score in five of the last six halves of play if they’re to succeed here.
- Players to watch: Celtic’s Georgios Giakoumakis scored a typical late goal against St. Johnstone, meaning four of his last five club goals have arrived beyond the 80th-minute. If selected, this will be Kevin Kampl’s sixth appearance against Celtic, a surprising fact given that he’s never played in Scotland! The Leipzig and former Salzburg midfielder lost just one of the previous five H2Hs (W3, D1).
- Hot stat: Celtic have a measly 15% win-rate against German opponents in UEFA competitions (W4, D5, L18).