Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Cardiff – Norwich Predictions | CHAMPIONSHIP
Unibet Predictions: Cardiff – Norwich Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, July 30, 2022.
Kick-off: 15:00 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 1
EVENT: Cardiff – Norwich
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.35@1xbet | Result: 1:0 LOST
Cardiff – Norwich PREVIEW
- Cardiff are facing newly-relegated Norwich on matchday one of this 2022/23 Championship campaign looking for a much improved season compared to the last where Steve Morison’s side finished 18th – their lowest position in nearly two decades! They have made some impressive signings over the summer, with Liverpool’s Sheyi Ojo and West Brom’s Romaine Sawyers among the arrivals, so optimism in the camp could be high.
- However the Bluebirds have won on the opening day just once in the last nine seasons (D4, L4), but they at least rounded off a strong pre-season by beating Swindon 4-2 last weekend. Continuing that pre-season form may well be required if they’re to beat the Canaries given four of the last five H2H clashes between these two in South Wales ended in a Cardiff defeat (W1).
- Norwich continue to yo-yo between the Championship and top flight, with last year’s relegation from the Premier League their fourth in nine years. Their transfer dealings this summer include moves for Gabriel Sara from São Paulo and Isaac Hayden arriving on-loan from Newcastle, although arguably the most impressive bit of business is keeping hold of Teemu Pukki, their top scorer in each of the last four seasons.
- Visiting boss Dean Smith, whose side lost to Hibs and Celtic in their final friendly fixtures, hopes to have captain Grant Hanley and defender Sam Byram back from injury. Norwich were winless in their final seven away fixtures in the Premier League last year, but often start a campaign strongly, going undefeated (W2, D2) on the opening day in their last four Championship seasons.
- Players to watch: New signing Ojo enjoyed his most prolific season when on loan with Cardiff back during the 2020/21 campaign, netting five goals and assisting a further seven. Meanwhile, Norwich’s Todd Cantwell may be rejuvenated by the club’s return to the second tier. He scored in both games against Cardiff during his side’s promotion winning 2020/21 season, bagging six league goals and six assists.
- Hot stat: There has only been one 0-0 draw in the last 26 league meetings between these two teams, a run dating back to 1971/72.
Related Unibet Predictions and Tips:
Unibet Predictions:: Fulham - West Ham Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Brighton - Burnley Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Sestao - Celta Vigo Predictions and Tips | COPA DEL REY
Unibet Predictions:: St. Gallen - Yverdon Predictions and Tips | SUPER LEAGUE