Best Betting Tips ⚽ St Etienne 2-1 Brest Predictions | LIGUE 1
St Etienne – Brest Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, April 16, 2022.
Kick-off: 16:00 (GMT+1)
FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 32
EVENT: St Etienne – Brest
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.36@1xbet | Result: 2:1 WIN!!!
St Etienne – Brest PREVIEW
- St Étienne are showing signs of fatigue, and after a second straight defeat in Ligue 1 against fellow relegation contenders Lorient (6-2) last weekend, ‘Les Verts’ spent midweek only one point above the bottom two. Painfully, the loss saw them leading 2-0 after 22 minutes, and coach Pascal Dupraz lamented that his side didn’t “respect the fundamentals”.
- Dupraz’s men now negotiate another tough test, facing a Brest side against which they’ve lost in four consecutive Ligue 1 H2Hs. Above all, defensive rework is needed if St Étienne are to halt that streak, as they’ve conceded ten goals across their previous two league outings – more than in the nine prior!
- With 39 points picked up so far, Brest are almost guaranteed to play a fourth consecutive campaign in Ligue 1, considering that most observers believe the safety mark will be around 35 points this season. A first top-half finish in the top flight this century is still achievable, but the ‘Pirates’ will likely need a win here to revive their hopes of achieving that goal.
- A 1-1 home draw against Nantes last time out made it only one win across the visitors’ previous four league outings (D1, L2), but Brest’s positive ten-game away league form (W5, D2, L3) could be key. Even conceding first may not be a problem for Michel Der Zakarian’s men, as they boast the season record for points recovered from losing positions on the road (11).
- Players to watch: Potentially pivotal to sparing St Étienne a first Ligue 2 appearance since 2003/04, Denis Bouanga has scored first with his last five Ligue 1 strikes, four of which came within 25 minutes. A worthy opponent, Franck Honorat has scored four of Brest’ previous six away league goals – three as his team’s first scorer.
- Hot stat: St Étienne have scored less goals before half-time at home than any other Ligue 1 side (five).