Best Betting Tips ⚽ Sheffield Wed 1-2 Barnsley Predictions | Championship
Sheffield Wed – Barnsley Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, December 12.
Kick-off: 16:00 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 18
EVENT: Sheffield Wed – Barnsley
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.49@1xbet | Result: 1:2 WIN!!!
Sheffield Wed – Barnsley Predictions
- Now seven Championship matches without a win (D4, L3), Sheffield Wednesday enter the round at the foot of the table and suffering from a points deduction. Scoring goals is still the big issue, as they’ve failed to score in seven of their last 11 league matches, and haven’t scored 2+ goals since the season opener. Remarkably though, their average of just 0.53 scored is only the second-worst in the league.
- At home, they’ve drawn the joint-second most in the league entering this round (W1, D5, L2) and their eight matches at Hillsborough have featured just 1.13 total goals on average. Incredibly, there have been as many red cards shown (four) as goals scored across their last five home matches!
- Barnsley, meanwhile, have won two of their last three in the league, opening a gap down to the relegation spots. In contrast to their hosts, they’ve been goal-friendly of late, and four straight league matches involving them have featured over 2.5 total goals, with 69.23% of the goals in these matches arriving in the second half.
- Away from home, Barnsley have won two of their last three in the Championship – their only two away league wins this season (W2, D2, L4). Three of their last five away goals were struck after the 80th minute in those matches. Meanwhile, their all-time second-tier league derby record at Hillsborough reads: W6, D5, L20, being outscored more than 2:1 therein (GF 29, GA 62).
- Players to watch: Defender Callum Paterson scored in Wednesday’s last Championship home match – and is joint ‘top scorer for the ‘Owls’. In opposition, Callum Styles and Cauley Woodrow have both scored in all three of Barnsley’s most recent wins.
- Hot stat: Barnsley have so far lost 50% of their away matches entered as outsiders this Championship season.
|Head-to-head matches: SHEFFIELD WED – BARNSLEY|
|08.02.20||CHA||Barnsley||Sheffield Wed||1 : 1|
|10.08.19||CHA||Sheffield Wed||Barnsley||2 : 0|
|10.02.18||CHA||Barnsley||Sheffield Wed||1 : 1|
|28.10.17||CHA||Sheffield Wed||Barnsley||1 : 1|
|01.04.17||CHA||Barnsley||Sheffield Wed||1 : 1|