Best Betting Tips ⚽ PSV 3-0 Midtjylland Predictions | Champions League – Qualification
PSV – Midtjylland Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, August 2.
Kick-off: 19:00 (GMT+1)
Champions League – Qualification – Semi-finals
EVENT: PSV – Midtjylland
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.30@1xbet | Result: 3:0 WIN!!!
PSV – Midtjylland Preview
- Buoyed by a 7-2 aggregate drubbing of Galatasaray in the previous UEFA Champions League (UCL) qualification round, last season’s Eredivisie runners-up PSV Eindhoven will be aiming to make their first group stage appearance since 2018/19. With an illustrious history in European football that now stretches to 372 matches (W163, D83, L126), they are the overwhelming favourites here.
- This UCL third qualifying round clash represents the club’s first-ever H2H vs FC Midtjylland, although their prior European record against Danish sides may inspire confidence (W4, D1, L1). Such confidence is redoubled by PSV’s current unbeaten nine-game stint in all competitions (W7, D2), across which they scored an average of 2.44 goals per match.
- Midtjylland arrive in Eindhoven on the back of a solid victory at the weekend, which pushed them close to the top of the Danish Superliga table after three fixtures (W2, L1). That recent form, coupled with Midtjylland’s extra-time defeat of Celtic in the last qualifying round, will give them confidence that they can reach the UCL group stage for the second time in two seasons.
- On a run of just one loss from their last six away qualification matches (W3, D2), Midtjylland have advanced past the third qualifying phase in both the UCL and Europa League on all six previous occasions. However Midtjylland’s brace of losses to Ajax last season in the UCL group stage remain the club’s only competitive H2Hs against Dutch sides.
- Players to watch: After scoring a hat-trick during the first leg vs Galatasaray in the second qualifying round, PSV striker Eran Zahavi now has nine goals in eight European appearances for the Dutch club. A goalscorer in the same round, Midtjylland midfielder Evander scored against Celtic, and a significant three (75%) of his last four goals have been direct free kicks.
- Hot stat: Midtjylland have kept just one clean sheet across their last ten UCL matches.